More updates for the Quake III Arena Quote Database:
1) I came to the conclusion that some of the profile information was actually fanon profiles that have been going around for like 20 years. I've removed them from the site.
2) Fixed a couple mistakes here and there.
3) Reformatted and rewritten the notes page.
Unbelievably, I have an update for the Quake III Arena Quote Database.
I've been playing Quake Live against bots a lot lately, and I've noticed a couple lines that I had never seen before, particularly regarding reactions to the Kamikaze item. All these lines have been extracted out of Quake Live and added to the database.
Since the Kamikaze was added in Quake III: Team Arena, I wonder if these lines were actually first added at that point in time (the August 2000 timestamp on the Quake Live bot files I read makes me think the answer is yes), but as I have not played Team Arena and have no plans to do so, I cannot be certain. Anyone who has played Team Arena is welcome to confirm or disprove.
Mobile improvements for the new layout. I forgot.
(four-year-later partway-post-apocalypse voice) Hi.
"I'll be updating the main layout soonish", she said in 2018. That was soonish on a geologic scale, it turns out. Well, the geologic era has ended, together with a lot of other things, and we do have a new main layout! Now featuring Kris Pokémon, patron saint of the forgotten and the retconned.
As I previously said, I wanted to change to something more easily updatable, organized, and fit for the amount of content that's on this site. Now it has more information about what's actually on this site and how and why, and more clarity about who's behind these sites and how and why, given that there's also Denise's sites in here and nowadays we do most of the writing for these projects together.
For Amassment's 2018 edition of the One Page, One Month marathon, I wrote Fly Again, a fansite about Spenser from Pokémon Ranger.
Cleaned up the dead links from the front page (sobbbbb).
Eventually I'll update the main layout...
There is a new site: Eyyyy!, a fansite about Giuseppi Mezzoalto from those weird Sim spinoffs I'm really into now, collaboratively written with Denise. Check it out!
In the meanwhile, there's been many more new articles on Staircase Spirit (just... go look at the front page ok). In this year since its opening, it's become my main fandom writing project. It's been great to write these things.
The JRPG Generator has been updated with more things (see the generator's update log for the nitty gritty details).
I'll be updating the main layout of Rigelatin soonish. I like the current one still, but it's become unsuitable to the amount of content I want to showcase with it, so I'm making something more organized. In other words, it's going to have smaller buttons, lol.
Tell you what, since I keep forgetting to update this page, let's make these updates more into not necessarily timely recaps of what's new here:
Memento Mori has three new pages, with our thoughts about the characters of Fyuria, Luana, and Elaine.
Five new articles on Staircase Spirit: Loading: An Ecology, Game Review: Eternal Sonata, The Football Manager Steam Ad Saga, The accent of Pokémon, and Game Review: The Sims: Bustin' Out. WE'VE BEEN WRITING A LOT.
And, surprisingly, I've made an AMV about Mewtwo. 12 years after my last one. Well, you know, better late than never? I am satisfied with how it came out, in any case.
After three years in the works, Memento Mori, a fansite for Agarest: Generations of War, is finally open! It's a collaborative work of mine and Denise, and an absolutely massive undertaking. Check it out for more information.
Staircase Spirit also has a new article - an Oblivion-related appendix to the And Now You Are Rich article: our character Sereth's adventures in Mercantile.
Updated the JRPG Generator (see changelog), and added a new texture to the Rigelatin Resource Repository (under plain papers: rrr-cardboard-04.jpg).
Two more articles on Staircase Spirit: Fixing Skies of Arcadia and our review of the Lugia movie.
Updated the JRPG Generator with a bunch of things, as detailed in its changelog. More to come soon!
I'm also a bit late to log this here, but there's a new article on Staircase Spirit. It's about currency in videogames and how it often sucks, and it includes a long tirade about cabbage sandwiches.
The first essay of Sundown, focusing on the nature of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, is now complete. That became... long.
For the Shrine Revamp Challenge over at Amassment, I've gone through Anger and edited all content. The site is for the most part the same, but I've added a little more information, rephrased a few things, and pushed some commas around. If you haven't read this site already, this is a good time to read it. If you have read it in the past, this is also a good time to read it again. :D
A completely new site (spoiler: something Pokémon) and more content for Sundown will be coming soon. Also, now Staircase Spirit has a mailing list that you can sign up to be informed of new articles being posted! You'll find the form at the bottom of each page.
1) Updated the JRPG Generator with more words everywhere. Most importantly, the list of possible character names has been dramatically expanded, and there are now many more synonyms of the evil and gloomy category that appear a lot in certain descriptions - now a main character's sad past can be also a woeful covenant, and an evil queen can be described as immoral, horrendous, etc. Also, one new function has been added in which now certain descriptions can generate a rank for a character's role - for example, a master sorcerer or a novice ninja. In any case, press that button and have fun!
2) Rigelatin's main page has been slightly redesigned. The changes are very subtle for the most part, but I've also added a section of links to my art-related sites since both Denise and Todd have been asking me where the hell are the links in here. Sorry for not really linking to them more before, I just thought that people didn't care to look at that if they came for my fansites...
In any case, if you scroll down the main page of Rigelatin, you'll also notice...
3) ...that there is a new site! It's called Staircase Spirit and it's a joint project of me and Denise. It's essentially a collection of articles about this and that. Some could become fansites in the future, some are self-contained. We've been working on this behind the scenes for a long time and we'll progressively release more stuff for it, so come back often!
After like seven years of just writing a quick note on the index page to announce any updates, I've decided to start an actual update log. Now you can read more than one update at a time, and I can read this and remember what the fuck I was even doing in here. Wow!
Today's update is that I've added a fun filter to the favorite characters page. It's really just for my own amusement, but it was an interesting thing to make. Don't take it too seriously.
Since I was already there, I updated that page's CSS a bit - among the other things, now the characters are centered by the power of flexbox (when I made that page, flex wasn't a thing yet!).