- Happy Birthday to Mewtwo!
- Thanks to Sanxc and Lizzar, Copy Cat is now hosting the scans of two Japanese books full of images and commentary about Mewtwo Strikes Back. They are the Daizenshu ("Great Complete Collection") and This is Animation books. Thanks again!
- I've also added a transcript of an interview with the Japanese director and producer of Mewtwo Strikes Back.
- Continuing on the project of improving the navigation through all the pages of the site, Rosy and I have tackled the Shadow Balls section next. Now you can get to all the pages for anime & more through one navigation page.
- As part of that, we've written a new introduction page for all the different prequels for Mewtwo Strikes Back and their history.
- We've also updated the Mewtwo Strikes Back versions page with more information about Mewtwo's Origin as it appears on different DVDs.
- There's a new page featuring both the original Japanese and a scanlation of Ono's Mewtwo Strikes Back prequel manga (thanks Megan!)
- There are some tweaks towards helping the site be more readable on vertical mobile screens.
- I made some updates to the discussion of Mew as a cryptid, including some new references to Mewtwo Strikes Back: Evolution, Pokémon Snap, The Birth of Mewtwo, and Pokémon Go.
- Rosy and I are working on reorganizing the site a bit, with the goal being to make it easier for people to find and access all the content. As it is right now, the site is a bit of an old-web maze; you have to happen to click a random link inside another page to find a whole new area of content you might not have had any clue was there - and good luck finding it again later. Also, the navigation bar depends on opening the menus, which might not work well with different sizes of mobile screens. So far, we've reorganized the Legends section to start with a clear tree of what pages are available.
- As part of that, we've dusted off the Vital Statistics pages for Mew and Mewtwo, and the How to Catch page for Mewtwo to have some of the latest info through Generation VIII.
- Rosy made me a new Master Ball icon that uses the same exact color palette and a flat-color style that matches the rest of the current layout. Nice!
- I previously mentioned it was coming, and now it is here: my wife Rosy and I have written a collaborative review of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew on our site Staircase Spirit. For everyone who has asked me my thoughts about this movie in all these years, now you can finally know! (maybe it won't even be too much longer before I finally say something about the Genesect movie...)
- As an aside to our review of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, I've written some expanded thoughts about the phylogenetic tree shown during the movie's introduction and what headcanons it gives some credence to.
- I've added some details regarding the Turkish dub to the Viking-related dub edits and Voice Actors page thanks to Ali Rıza. I've also added a mention that Mewtwo's Japanese voice actor, Masachika Ichimura, also voiced the character of Red XIII. (Thanks Matsutzu!)
- I've updated my email address on the contact page to my new main address. While I still will check the old one, I don't do so very often any more, so I had some nice emails that I didn't know where there waiting for me to read! So, if you sent me a message recently, I didn't see it before and I am sorry for taking long to answer! And now, I'll just direct everyone to my main email address (like I should have ages ago).
- Hi folks! It's been a long time since my last update, but that is in part because I was making lots of new things all the same time, and not managing to bring any of them to a state where I was ready to share them. Now I have wrapped up a bunch of things up all at once, so there's a ton of new content for you!
- I've gone through the links page, unfortunately removing some dead links, but also adding a link to Dogasu's Backpack and to Drift Away.
- Some time ago, I split the discussion of the trailers and tie-ins for The First Movie to a separate page, since it had gotten a bit long-winded to be all on the top level page for The First Movie.
- I finished the nice formatting on the 4Kids Commentary Transcript! Yay! Someday I will also finish the nice formatting for the Script Comparison page, eheheh...
- I've also split apart the Cultural Differences page, as I've realized it doesn't really make sense to have it be an overarching page, when the meat of the discussion focuses on specific instances of Mewtwo's appearances. So, I've renamed the section Dub Edits and created a new set of pages specifically focusing on the The First Movie (including the Mewtwo's Origin segment). I've also done a major rewrite of that page: it was pretty old, and used to be a quick bulleted list; I've since learned a lot more and had a ton more thoughts about the differences, so I have elaborated on each topic in the form of paragraphs across several pages. There are a few points I have left to elaborate on, but I will get to those later.
- Apart from all that discussion of what 4Kids in particular did to The First Movie, I've started a new page in the First Movie section for discussing some of the versions of this movie that exist. Just some.
- I updated the page about the The Armored Episodes, thanks to information learned from Dogasu's Backpack.
- There's also a huge new discussion regarding Mew's Design. I get to talk about developmental biology, the history of the theory of evolution, cats, mice, alchemy, phylogenetic trees, not-actually-extinct giant flying squirrels and chinchilla rats, the ecology of Guyana, axolotls, naked mole rats, Ernest Haeckel, coelacanths, domesticated foxes, and more. I already know of a few other topics I would want to add to this, but that's enough to be able to share. It was very fun to write, and I hope you enjoy reading it!
- Apparently, there's going to be a remake of Mewtwo Strikes Back. While I could see some potential in clearing up a lot of weirdness of The First Movie: remerging the story of Mewtwo's Origin and The Birth of Mewtwo, getting rid of the awful CG, giving the Pokémon Company a chance to rectify the awful 4Kids dub... but this is my ideal, and the remake will probably do completely different things, and I don't actually have high hopes that they won't completely blow it. The emphasis on redoing it all in CG is already not a good sign. Ah well. I'm sure I'll have more to say about this in like ten years. First though, the series I have been writing with Rosy on Staircase Spirit about our thoughts on the Pokémon movies is approaching talking about the Lucario movie, so, for everyone who's asked me about my thoughts regarding that in the last almost-fifteen years, you might be getting an answer on that soon...
- I just realized something about the Dragonite from Mewtwo Strikes Back and suddenly just wrote an entire essay of my thoughts about it.
- I noticed that I never actually put 4Kids DVD Commentary transcript back online after I revamped the site a few years ago. Whoops. I've posted it again; the formatting is still rough for now, but it is at least available again, and I will slowly be tidying it up.
- Hi all! I just wanted to put a note here that I am indeed alive, and have slowly been working on a few pages that I am looking forward to sharing here, but they have not reached their conclusions yet. I am not sure how much longer they will take to write, but I just felt bad seeing such an old date on the top of the page here, yikes!
- Breaking News! Philip Bartlett, Mewtwo's first English voice actor, isn't dead! Mere days after I finished writing about how he died, he came back from the grave! I suppose I should go write about more dead people now...
- A new page has been posted about the voice actors of Mew and Mewtwo. Some time ago, Ana of Passa Aí O Micro created and sent me a voice reel of several of Mewtwo's voice actors in different languages, and it spawned this whole page discussing Mew and Mewtwo's voices and other roles that the actors have played.
Holy CSS, Batman! Check out this beautiful new layout. Much much thanks to Rosy for helping me with it! The site now does everything I had wanted it to do back in 2007 and more! I've also drawn a new logo image for the site, as well as the city along the top.
This revamp has been in-progress since December 2012, and actually had nothing to do with all the important Mewtwo-y stuff that was happening in the interim: the sudden influx of new Mewtwo cards and merchandise, the new movie that shall not be named, Pokémon X and Y and its Mega-Evolutions, or any of that insanity. Nope, the site was just overdue for an overhaul and I picked an odd time to do it, hah! (Actually, it is a little ironic that I went with a post-Mewtwo-Returns theme considering recent events, but let's not go there right now...)
I have a lot of big new pages in the works that I was hoping to unveil with the fully tidied-up site, but this update has taken long enough, so let me get the new layout live and you should be seeing the new pages soon... well, hopefully before another year passes, eep! As for the pages that I haven't quite finished updating yet, you might be directed to the old site for a time, until I get that caught up. Apologies! If there is anything from the old site you were looking for, it has all been temporarily archived here. Also, Rosy and I have both been starting to feel like the layout needs yet another revamp... Er, but let's get this version live first before I even consider doing that!
There are some new introductory pages, including one introducing you to the concept of Mew and Mewtwo
The old All About Mew and Mewtwo pages have been revamped to be the new Vital Statistics pages.
The How to Catch Page has been revamped, with so much new info that it had to be split into two separate pages for Mew and Mewtwo! Before this revamp, a lot of those blurbs were written when those older Generations were new, so they were due for an update, eep. While nothing was inaccurate, I think I now better explain the significance of what was going on at the time, which might be less obvious to newer Pokémon fans (or my fellow old fogeys who have forgotten, eheh). I've also put down some information on how to catch the psychic cats in Generation VI, but I am sure that part will need more fleshing out later too.
By the way, I had a lot of fun with the new selection animations for pages that are split into a separate Mew page and Mewtwo page, teehee.
The Card Gallery has been updated, with several new cards added. The Ancient Mew page has also been tidied up.
I've started tidying up the Official Music section, and in the process, I have added the Hoenn PokéRap, which believe it or not, mentions Mew.
November 21, 2013
Hi all! I just want to let you know that I have a new layout and lots of new content in the works for you. It's been in progress for over a year now, and I really want to get it posted soon, so bear with me a bit longer. =)
September 16, 2012
July 5, 2012
I have another link to link to, though it will be primarily of interest to Portuguese Mewtwo fans: Passa Aí O Micro. It's a blog that also hosts a Portuguese translation of The Birth of Mewtwo CD Drama. Now hopefully even more people will be able to read this crucial part of the Mewtwo Saga.
June 25, 2012
I added a link to a fansite on the links page! I haven't been able to do that in far too long! Check out The Godfather, a tribute to Giovanni. =D
Added the animated versions of Mew and Mewtwo's sprites from Black and White to the game image gallery (and various other places), even though Mew's animation seriously freaks me out. Why would the tail move like that?! Why?! At least Mewtwo's animation is alright. Though I am still annoyed that they are both recycled Diamond/Pearl/Platinum sprites that weren't all that good to begin with (grumble grumble).
February 25, 2012
Another new Pokémon card including Mewtwo has been added to the Cards gallery. Man, lots of Mewtwo cards lately. Very nice.
There is apparently a special edition Mewtwo available right now over wifi if you have a Black or White version game (I think for both North America and PAL regions). I cannot test this, as I boycotted Generation V, but if you have one of these games, you should get this Mewtwo while you can. It is level 70, but has a different moveset from usual.
February 5, 2012
I found a new working YouTube link for the Japanese Mewtwo Strikes Back trailer. Hopefully this one does not get deleted (the previous one had been deleted by the user, not by YouTube, so I don't think this one will be a problem).
January 26, 2012
A new Pokémon Card has been added to the Cards gallery, as well more higher quality images, more reformatting, lalala.
Restored the credits to the Birth of Mewtwo CD drama translated transcript. I didn't realize those were spoken aloud during the drama, whoops. So if you were wondering what that dialogue was, there you go. (Hey, I didn't realize Mew in the drama was voice acted by a man!)
Slight update to the Mewtwo Strikes Back page, adding the Japanese poster, a link to Pokemon.com's official First Movie site, and a blurb about the English trailer.
January 19, 2012
The-MEW-Club on deviantArt is currently holding a contest about the Myths of Mew. Your job is to write up your own myth or a folktale about Mew and also illustrate it in some way (virtually any medium is accepted). You get to imagine yourself as the Homer or Aesop or other great storyteller of the Pokémon world and tell a tale involving Mew. I personally really love this idea, and would love to see as many entries as possible. Check their journal for more information!
I've been gradually updating the card pages and repairing the layout. Nothing really worth reporting yet.
October 22, 2011
Massive update on the Pokémon Cards page. There are some new cards posted, and some older cards have higher quality art. I have also started posting the full card images (Japanese and English versions). I still have some more images to update, but I think I have done enough to tell you about it now.
There is also a new page on Ancient Mew. I found enough information and images pertaining to Ancient Mew that it ended up deserving its own page.
October 20, 2011
October 19, 2011
Cleaned some dead links out of the links page (tear).
October 2-12, 2011
Please update your links!
Copy Cat is moving to here (you are in the right place right now), thanks to Fateback being awful and Rosy graciously forcing me to share some of her web space. =)
There shouldn't be any broken links (let me know if you find anything!), but some of the layout might be a little weird as I am slowly revamping my ancient CSS file. Please bear with me.
June 13, 2011
April 21, 2011
Tons of new (and not so new) fanart from
Sorry it took me so long to post your stuff, guys!
I also did some general updating and link clean-up in the Fanart section.
I finally added a favicon to the site (though it's not on all the pages yet). I might change it to something else later, but there's a little Mewtwo for ya.